Cauliflower fried rice (cauli-rice) is a healthy alternative to regular fried rice. While we love regular white rice, cauliflower fried rice is a delicious way to sneak in more cruciferous vegetables in your diet. It’s a super simple recipe for a low-carb Paleo and Vegan meal prep. And, it goes very well with homemade curries e.g. this Paleo and Whole30 friendly Thai green coconut curry
Some of the major health and nutrition benefits of cauliflower fried rice include:
Cauliflower: High in vitamin C, fiber, B-vitamins, antioxidants and other micronutrients including sulforaphane (fights cancer, diabetes and blood-pressure)
Ginger: Anti-inflammatory, lowers blood sugars, reduces menstrual pain and great for digestion
Garlic: Antiviral and antibacterial, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol.
Lime: High in vitamin C and antioxidants. Boosts immunity and promotes healthy skin. It is also wonderful for digestion.
Thai chili pepper: High in vitamin C. Immune system booster and lowers cholesterol.
Vegan, Paleo, Low carb
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 25 min
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed and grated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 3 scallions sliced, white and green parts
- 2 inch piece of ginger – grated
- 1 Thai red chilli sliced (or to taste) or 1 tsp of sriracha sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- cilantro to garnish
- Grate the cauliflower with a grater, or you can also rice it in your food processor using grater attachment.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add grated ginger, sliced scallion (white parts), and garlic. Sautee for 30-40 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and red chilli or sriracha sauce. Saute for another 5-7 minutes.
- Season with lime juice, salt and pepper. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with cilantro and green parts of scallion and serve immediately.
Enjoy this as a side dish or main meal. I love this with some grilled tofu.
Did you make this recipe? Leave us a comment below. We’d love to hear how it turned out.